Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inspired by a visit to a Bed & Breakfast

Today I visited a local B&B in Linfield, Pa. ShearerElegance  a fabulous Victorian Building surrounded by beautiful porches, old and established landscaping and amazing style. The Innkeeper and Hostess Sue Tator invited us in to discuss a fashion show and luncheon we are sponsoring for the Woman's Club of Royersford in May. The building is awe inspiring. Step onto the full front porch surrounded with landscaping and lovely table settings just inviting you to stop an visit for a spell. The heavy front door welcomes you to step back into history. You are welcomed to enter this amazing space with an incredible setting of Victorian settees, tables layered with beautifully crocheted scarves, lovely antique photos, and the most beautiful floral arrangement of fresh peonies. I swear I was drawn to these beautiful blooms softly wilting yet still amazing, I found myself fondling the foliage. Let me tell you I was inspired. This building spoke to me. My companion and fellow board member has been a visitor to this establishment for years, and was aware of the many charms. She is so aware of all that is happening there that she could be a hostess and tour guide. I'm serious in saying that I could go on and on about this fantastic and fabulous space. Original and authentic wood carvings, grand stair way, enchanting rooms delightful decorations ,I could spend hours and leave being so inspired to recreate that romantic atmosphere. Yet I do digress.

I came home knowing that we would be creating the floral table arrangements for the luncheon and fashion show. Knowing that we would be seating our 30 guests in 3 different rooms at four separate tables I was clear that the floral arrangements didn't need to match. I thought it would be fun to create four distinctly different arrangements with ribbon and lace. Using glue dots to attach this intricate lace doily to this geometric shaped vase, then adding a satin ribbon created the most delightful vessel for a floral arrangement. I continued to play with covering vases with lace or doilies.and ribbon. So fun. Stay tuned for further developments.

We will be creating place cards and favors along with the floral arrangements  for this luncheon with my new buddy Lorraine. So fun. Hopefully this is the first of many annual events, that will grow and support local artistic endeavors and local businesses.

And now I will display some cards I've created for Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.