Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Invitations to a tea party I'm hosting

Greetings my friend and a Happy New Year wish for peace and prosperity.
 I woke this morning with this idea forming in my mind. 
I've invited some ladies to lunch after the holidays.
It will be a fine time to share stories of our families visits and enjoy the gifts they are.


I plan on serving a sampling of shrimp bisque, crab quiche with fresh fruit.
 Our friend from the local Woman's Club...Katharine Nelson (treasurer)
is the daughter of  " Nelson's Ice Cream"family so she'll be bringing the ice cream we'll enjoy along with some delightful cookies.



 I knew I wanted to do a place setting...and I knew the color scheme....I will serve on cobalt blue dish ware and our walls are a soft buttery yellow with an accent wall of dark navy blue. Perfect.



I started making the yellow toppers and tried several embossing folders to have more fun. I did all the die cuts and imagined the labels as place mats. The inside is a computer generated invitation with the date and time included. 

I even made the envelopes, lined them with foiled wrapping paper and embossed the flap.
The front needed some swirly curly embellishment so I used the negative cut from a swirl and stenciled the shape with blue ink. Not that's how I have fun on a cold rainy wet day. The sunshine yellow cheers me up. I hope you're well and enjoying your life. ~Carole

1 comment:

  1. Your friends are going to love these very creative Invitations. Your party sounds like fun. I just had a small get together for my crafting buddies tonight. It was a very special evening. They are such fun, and wonderful people. I hope I am able to arrange it sometime that you could meet them.
    Hope you have a very special New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.