Sunday, December 13, 2015

The list goes on

As a native of Pennsylvania I was shocked the first time visiting Florida during the Christmas Holidays. To see colored lights on palm trees was beyond my expectations...it seemed so out of whack and quirky. My sister lives in St. Petersburg now, so I thought I would make her a "sand man" beside a palm tree speckled with colored baubles.



Next are some ornaments strung up with strings and bows.


These are embossed for interest and dimension.


Here's a front door with a welcoming wreath.


I was inspired by a pinterest card and tried to duplicate it. I don't have the die she used so I scanned a silhouette then traced it with SCAL to make this svg file.


I'm happy to see the stats for my blog showing over 100 views...a little disappointed that there are no comments or questions. I'm re-thinking continuing the blog, it will be easier to just add them to by Pinterest boards. I'll make my decision at the end of the year. Till then do stop by as I continue to created Christmas cards. Be well ! Carole

2 comments:

  1. We could close the streets of Blogland for combined parades of our Christmas cards this year, Carole ~ we are both posting so many! These latest few parade days of yours are really sensational and full of great ideas!

    I suppose I'm the last one to advise you about continuing to blog and about the lack of comments because I get so many, but honestly, I always get at least ten times as many visits as I do comments so I think that difference always happens.

    What would be more telling for me is whether or not people that I go visit and comment on, don't return comments to me. If that were to happen, that would be discouraging. Then I would just enter some new challenges and visit other participants and make new friends because the only way to get comments is to leave them, as you know. I rarely get a new person commenting that I don't know. It's time-consuming to do all that visiting and commenting, for sure. You'll know if you aren't feeling like putting that much time into cultivating that part of blogging. I know I missed you when you took your break, so I will miss you if you stop. I will go now and make sure that I am following you on Pinterest.

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you will stay healthy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy seeing your cards! I hope you continue your blog. I think a lot of people are feeling the way I do right now. I so want to visit so much more than I do...but there is so much going on with the holiday things that I have to do.
    I have thought more than once about stopping my blog because I feel so guilty because of not visiting that much...but I would so miss so many people in the blogging community.

    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas...and I still hope that we could get together someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments are appreciated.